22 January 2006

Friday's crossword...

...which I just now did, took me 18 minutes and I had to look up one word (orzo, a type of pasta. I went blank).

But this crossword was very annoying. I've never done one with so many tricky clues. To wit:
  • "Kid," as in "josh," not as in "child."
  • "Mean business," as in "evil," not as in "saying what's what." (Ok, I shouldn't have been tricked by that, but still.)
  • "Makeup, e.g." as in "exam," not as in "blush."
  • "Downed a sub," as in "ate," not as in "sank." And you can't tell me that wasn't intentionally confusing.
  • "Seeing things," as in "eyes," not as in "hallucinating."
  • "Water vessel," as in "ewer," not as in "boat."
I've never said so many swear words while doing a crossword.

Come to think of it, it was the same swear word. I just said it a bunch of times.

By the way: sorry about the confusion with the date & time of the last two posts. Not sure what the deal was on those. I blame INTERNET, mostly because it's easier (and more fun!) than blaming myself.

Update: Figured it out. Turned out it was because I had left the "create post" window open on Firefox, and the timestamp is based on when you open that window, not on when you submit the post. I fixed the two problem posts.

Still, I blame INTERNET.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous Austinite said...

ha, i was just telling my roommate this evening that i have some orzo which i've been meaning to do something with. he likes to plan out all our suppers at the beginning of each week.

1:23 AM  
Anonymous best affiliate programs said...

Happy Money Making Famous Quotes.... Waste your money and your only out your money,but waste your time and your out part of your life... Michael Leoboeuf

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten dollar hair cut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair... Sam Ewing

If You Find a need to become part of the best affiliate programs so you make a few extra bucks.. go to http://7day2success.com/ ....best affiliate programs...best affiliate programs....

Live a better life today..

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home