27 January 2006

Spoetry!

Head on over to Madfish Willie's for some Spoetry by AOSHQ Poet Laureate, spurwing plover. I couldn't stop laughing. (Content warning on Madfish Willie's site though, which is why I didn't give a link to the main page.)

He's left out some of my favorites, though. Namely:
A big time commie leader dissapears
and i thought no commie leader
would ever come up missing
i thought they were better then us capitalists

They have found
two mummies in irish bog
and the
were the victims of human sacrifice
the same thing that radical animal rights fanatic and envirlentalists want us to do

At least
not all frenchmen
are wussies like
CHIARQ

Ted kennedy
deserves
a fat lip
becuase he is such a idiot

You mean
they have not replaced BIG BIRD
with a chicken
yet?
My favorite is the one about "CHIARQ." (He means Chirac, in case it wasn't obvious from context.)

I still think someone needs to code a spurwing plover AIM bot. That would rock.

Update @ 5:22: Here's one he just posted.
Go and penatrate
the galactic barrier
its real weird place
flashing pink and orange
The sheer sensuality of the image overwhelms me.

Update 2 @ 5:26: This post has five beauties. My favorite:
DRAGONS,GRIFFINS,HYPOGRIFS,and UNICORNS
are endangered species
and the one and only PHOENIX
is hiding out from the bioligists and eco-wackos
becuase he dont want to be counted
since theres only one PHOENIX
I'm really impressed that someone besides me knows there's only one phoenix.

And yet, he still can't spell "hippogriff."

9 Comments:

Anonymous Michael said...

I tell ya, the guy is a genius. He is really cultivating a following.

8:04 PM  
Anonymous steve_in_hb said...

I'm a guy that typically only reads military history, poker, and quantitative finance books. Never been in to poetry. I would buy a book of spurwing's poems.

I appreciate the
- randomly capitalized or mispelled words
- fact that they are sort of vaguely non-sequitar yet somehow related to the topic
- wide range of references

The author (or code writer) is a genius.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous geoff said...

I don't recall exactly where it was, but a month or two ago he laid down his credo, which was something like: "I'm a bird with a attitude, don't mess with me!" Words to live by.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Russ said...

I'm just wondering if Ace will be the first guy to offer "spurwing plover" mooiiichendise. Coffee mugs, tee shirts, boxer shorts and bumper stickers could all be emblazoned with spur's wit & wisdom.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Peel said...

Boxer shorts, pshaw. Thongs are the way to go. I know I'd wear a thong that said, "At least not all frenchmen are wussies like CHIARQ."

6:55 PM  
Blogger Russ said...

Good point, Mrs. Peel. I was just thinking about the ability to get a whole crapload of spur's wisdom on a big 'ol pair of boxers, but I can see the logic of a Spurwing Plover thong collection.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Chestertonian Rambler said...

Is there really a standarized spelling for "hippogriff," a word that fell out of common use long before the English language was standardized?

11:16 PM  
Anonymous geoff said...

I found this one in the archives (1/9/06) and thought I'd stick it here so Madfish could add it to his collection:

SEAGULLLS,PELICANS and SANDPIPERS with LIGHTSABERS the beach will be a dangerous spot and no shark will be safe they will stay away from the beach becuase the birds are confirmed jedi

12:57 AM  
Blogger Knemon said...

"a word that fell out of common use long before the English language was standardized?

THAT'S IT!

Spurwing is a visitor from another time, like in Army of Darkness or Twelve Monkeys!

It explains so much ...

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home