27 January 2006

Today in the Science News: Part 3: Human Behavior

Shocker! Not all smokers stop smoking exactly the same way with exactly the same amount of success:
This study shows that a sudden decision to give up smoking is more likely to succeed than a planned-out one. Whatever. The only reason I linked it is that it reminded me of the following exchange from Uncle Buck.
Buck: Hey, I stopped smoking cigarettes.
Cindy: Oh, good.
Buck: Isn't that something? I'm on to cigars now. I'm on to a five-year plan. I eliminated cigarettes, then I go to cigars, then I go to pipes, then I go to chewing tobacco, then I'm on to that nicotine gum.

Men are really f'n lazy, leave the kids & housework to women:
Once again, scientists spend untold millions to find out something I could have told them in exchange for a nice dinner at the Texas Roadhouse.

A must-read for this Super Bowl season:
How to save money on drinks & snacks while tricking your hapless guests into thinking they're getting plenty of trail mix and beer!

Incidentally, I don't care about football, so I didn't have a dog in this fight until I read the Batt today and learned that Seattle is trying to steal our 12th Man trademark. So now I hate Seattle and hope they experience the most crushing defeat in Super Bowl history.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jordan said...

You mean you didn't already hate Seattle? Any city with a statue of Lenin automatically earns my hatred.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Peel said...

A statue of Lenin?? I hadn't heard about that. Ok, now they have my undying enmity. (Unless they put the statue up so they could throw eggs at it. Then we might be able to talk. But they've got to bring something to the table.)

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Jordan said...

(Unless they put the statue up so they could throw eggs at it. Then we might be able to talk. But they've got to bring something to the table.)

Heh. If only...

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home