17 January 2006

Well, now I know I've made it.

I've already been linked by Ace and hat-tipped by Allah, and blogrolled by several of my commenters (and if you blogrolled me and I didn't return the favor, let me know). I thought the next step would be getting hate mail, but apparently, I've been traffic-whoring so effectively that now people are traffic-whoring here!
James Aach said...

Regarding the Brits and nuclear power - it's certainly a good idea if we understand what we can about our energy present, so we'll make better decisions about our energy future.

With the above in mind, FYI: there is a new techno-thriller novel about the American nuclear power industry, written by a longtime nuclear engineer and available at no cost on the net. "Rad Decision" provides an entertaining and accurate portrait of a nuclear power plant and how an accident might be handled. The book is at http://RadDecision.blogspot.com in a downloadable PDF file and also as short episodes for on-line reading.

"I'd like to see Rad Decision widely read." - Stewart Brand, founder of The Whole Earth Catalog, who recently called for a second look at nuclear energy.

That's from today's science news comments. I looked at Mr. Aach's blogger profile and found that he is, in fact, the author of the novel in question.

I like to read, and I was amused by his bothering to leave the comment on this ridiculously minor blog, and the premise intrigues me, and I have nothing better to do tonight, so I'm going to take a look at his book. But be warned, Mr. Aach: I'll give an honest evaluation.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chestertonian Rambler said...

I await your critique of the novel.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Neo-Con Shawn said...

Either James Aach has taken a liking to your site, or he's comissioned a blogger spambot to do his advertising work.

The first one would be cooler, but I'd place my bets on the second one.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Peel said...

Actually, shawn, I suspect that he searched all blogs on the term "nuclear power" and them spammed the matches himself. Could be a bot, though.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Peel said...

*then, not them. doh, time for bed.

12:20 AM  
Blogger James Aach said...

I search all the blogs myself, similar to what Mrs. Peel has suggested. I only comment on sites where it's applicable to the discussion. Just trying to get the word out. I look forward to Mrs. Peel's comments, good or bad. There are other comments on my site's front page. I don't edit out negative comments. Hope you enjoy it. JA

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home