30 January 2006

You are merry, my lord.

Ace points us to a Florida Cracker post that points us to a NEWS.com.au story about men's reactions to funny women. In essence, a study of twentysomethings found that when a man says he wants a good sense of humor, he really means he wants a woman who will laugh at his jokes.

I think we all know this is true. Back in high school, I noticed that boys claimed to like girls who like sports, but what they really meant was that they liked girls who would say, "Oh, [insert name], the way you fielded that grounder was so...masterful." Whereas I would be more likely to say, "Hey, [insert name], if you don't do something about that hole in your swing, we'll be renaming the Mendoza Line!"

I wasn't very popular in high school.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack Michaels said...

Awwww...I bet you were plenty popular.

And if you weren't, I bet it's only because of your animosity towards PLANET Pluto. :)

10:42 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Peel said...

Well, this was supposed to be funny, but apparently I didn't get the tone quite right. I suppose it works better if you know that I am a big baseball fan, that I really was unpopular in high school (but don't care now and didn't care then), and that I do have an unpraiseworthy lack of tact. Overall, this is one of those stories where the tone of voice really seems to matter.

Nevertheless, it still makes me laugh, so I'm not going to bother editing it.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Business said...

Hi there:)

Would love you to post more information on this subject!

Regards,
home work money at make

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home