01 February 2006

Those darn cosmic rays

I posted a story in yesterday's science news about cosmic rays and their effect on the weather. Obviously, I jinxed the beautiful blue skies we were having, because now they're dreary and grey.

But I remain unquenched.
I'm singin' in the rain, just singin' in the rain
What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds, so dark up above
The sun's in my heart, and I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase everyone from the place
Come on with the rain, I've a smile on my face
I'll walk down the lane, with a happy refrain
And singin', just singin' in the rain!
The last time I was really in a good mood was summer of '04. I was so full of pep that my boss gave me more work to settle me down. But since I enjoyed the work, it only inspired me to swing on a lamppost while singing "The Real McCoy" as I went back to my building. The lamppost left a coat of white dust on my hand, though, which did calm me down a bit.

Speaking of pep, the guys used to call Carl Everett (a baseball player with excessive amounts of pep) "C4," and the only reason I could think of was that they were making a reference to C4 photosynthesis, the primary compound of which is phosphoenolpyruvic acid, or PEP.

But later, I found out C4 was an explosive. That did make more sense.

1 Comments:

Blogger Simon Langer said...

Hi there, I was surfing the internet and I found your blog. I like the way how this all works. I'll come by again.

Many thanks,

binoculars birdwatching

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home