20 February 2006

Well, that settles it.

I felt like reading something totally mindless during dinner as a break from schematics, so I busted out my Tom Swift e-books. Check out this paragraph, in which emphasis is added:
"Well, I might find some work for you to do," replied the young inventor, thinking this would be as good a means as any of placating the darky. "But come, now, try and see if you can't stand. I don't believe I broke any of your legs."
So, that means that Tom, despite having killed an innocent elephant just for ivory, decapitated a perfectly preserved ancient statue because the whole statue was too big to bring back with him, and forced Koku to be his personal slave, is still a placater.

It figures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home