26 March 2006

Now I can die happy.

I drove a Corvette this weekend!

Granted, only for about twenty minutes, and not fast at all (I went 45 at the most), but I DROVE A CORVETTE!!!

It was so incredibly hot. Oooh, the acceleration. I depressed the gas pedal firmly, and the car accelerated so quickly and so smoothly. I was following someone, and after every turn, deliberately let him pull ahead so that I would have an excuse to accelerate rapidly. Oh, the glory of it beat driving James all hollow, and even surpassed driving my well-beloved Red Leader.

(James, named for James Madison, got ~38 mpg this weekend. So I'm pretty happy with it. But it's no Corvette.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Dave in Texas said...

save the dying thing until you drive a Porsche.


trust me on this one

11:43 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Peel said...

Actually, I have a bunch of other fantasies I'd like to fulfill before I kick the bucket. It's just neat because driving a Corvette is one of those crazy things I like to dream about in the quiet moment before sleep, but thought would never really happen.

But now that I've really driven a Corvette, I'm beginning to suspect anything is possible.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Dave in Texas said...

it's a crazy world

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Michael said...

Actually, I have a bunch of other fantasies I'd like to fulfill before I kick the bucket.

So do I, but Mrs. Michael keeps slapping me when I try to do something about it.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Retired Geezer said...

I drove a Corvette once, got it up to around 100. I was impressed with how well it stopped. Just like running into a big lake of molasses. Four-wheel disks... you just slowed-down-real-fast. No skidding.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Spindrift said...

Hi, I was surfing the internet for something new and here I am at your blog. I'm quite impressed , with how you have put it all together.

I'll be coming back again.

Cheers,

www birdwatching

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home