09 April 2006

Extremely light blogging

will continue for the next three or four weeks. This is my last month of college (as an undergraduate, anyway), and I've got projects and papers galore.

Here are some links to various games and sites I find entertaining.
  • Jigzone - Jigsaw puzzles. Entirely mindless.
  • Big Al - Totally rockin' allosaur game from the Beeb.
  • AdventureQuest - Very silly, very campy online RPG.
  • Crashdown - Entirely too addictive. Also mindless.
  • Project Gutenberg - Yay e-books! You can find all kinds of entertaining works here, like Edgar Rice Burroughs's Tarzan and John Carter books, the original Tom Swift series, E. Nesbit, Frances Hodgson Burnett (including the absolutely kickass The Lost Prince), and more fairy tales than you can shake a stick at.

    Also, if you have read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and remember Francie's two favorite books, If I Were King and Beverly of Graustark, both of those are on PG. (My reaction to the ending of Beverly of Graustark was, and I quote, "Awww! I was hoping he would be castrated.")
  • Red Hen - Some people put just a little too much thought into Harry Potter. But if you enjoy speculation about the Potterverse, these essays are well worth reading. I particularly like the fact that she shares my less than salutary opinion of the Ron/Hermione 'ship.

    *runs for cover*
I hope to be blogging more steadily once I am finished with school. In the meantime, I'll try to put something up here and there. Stay classy, and thanks for stopping by.

6 Comments:

Anonymous geoff said...

Good luck! Are you going to A&M for grad school?

9:18 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Peel said...

Nope, I'm starting work full-time in June. I've had my fill of schooling for now. I'll probably get my master's and possibly an MBA after a few years of work.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Russ said...

Make sure you get that Jeep Cherokee sold before you leave College Station. You don't want something like that hanging over your new job now, do you?

9:33 AM  
Anonymous geoff said...

Russ, I don't think she's really selling it - she just likes to talk to the people who call up to ask about it.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Simon Langer said...

Greetings, I was reading some blogs and came across your blog. I really enjoy how it makes such good reading.

I'll come by again.

Regards,

1:56 PM  
Blogger Joe Berenguer said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a playstation 2 games
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home