03 April 2006

Things to know about women

Dave at Garfield Ridge reads Maxim? Oh, he found the link from someone else. That's a relief. I couldn't bear to think of a fellow Powers Boothe groupie reading a chick mag.

mmmmm Powers Boothe...

Hmm? Oh, uh, anyway, here is Maxim's list of 100 things you need to know about women.
96. Jewelry. Now you always knkow [sic] what to get her for a last-minute gift.
I don't recommend trying this on me. I'm extremely picky about jewelry. For one thing, I'm allergic (both literally and figuratively) to cheap jewelry.
91. She still has all the love letters and cards from her past boyfriends.
Nope, I've chucked it all. Why the hell would you want any reminders of past relationships?
82. What do women really want in bed? More blankets. They get colder than men.
True dat.
77. The average woman kisses 79 men before getting married.
*counts on fingers* Hmm, nope.
24. A good but flawed man is a fixer-upper gem, and women love nothing more than home improvements.
That is, sadly, very true. One of these days I will write a post about the Beauty and the Beast ethos and how it's still mirrored in fiction today.
20. All women think they’re smarter than their partners in some significant way.
In my case, that's because I fucking am. As my favorite bartender puts it, we are on the edge of the mate value bell curve.


The whole list is pretty ridiculous. I can't believe people read that sort of crap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monty said...

Men marry women for who they are at the time. Women marry men for who they could be, given time and work. Women often fail to understand that men don't undergo huge changes after a certain point -- men are not "fixer uppers". Men fail to understand that women do often change significantly over time; men want the woman they married, not the women their wife became after five or ten or twenty years.

I wonder sometimes if human beings are really intended to be monogamous at all, even from a moral/ethical standpoint.

On the other hand, I'm divorced, so my opinion is probably colored by that.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Peel said...

Your first paragraph is a good (albeit general) point, Monty. Realizing that a man won't change is more or less what led me to break my engagement last winter.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home