25 May 2006

Dogblogging

Ok, I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Here is my well-beloved but not well-behaved Pepper.


Waiting.


A rare action shot of Pepper barking, which I assure you she does quite often. Yes, the roof of her mouth really is pink and black.


Pepper on guard.


Looking the wrong way when I'm trying to take her picture.


Who says dogs don't smile?

Still not convinced? Then look at the next one.


And that's only a half-smile for her. I couldn't get her to do a full-on smile for the camera, but she greets us with them when we come home.

Yes, one of her eyes is blue and the other is half-brown half-blue, and no, her vision isn't impaired (people ask us that a lot). Goofy eye coloration is an Australian shepherd trait.

Even with the scabbity-nose, Pepper kicks ass all over y'all's dogs in the cuteness department. And just imagine how cute she was when she was a little puppy.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It takes a person with a big heart to love such a homely dog.

You are a good person Mrs. Peel.


d in t

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've owned several aussies, even one who was born deaf. I will never have anything but. Personality and work ethic! PS Pepper is a doll.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Michael said...

That thing is a dog? Are you sure?

3:40 PM  
Anonymous skinbad said...

Cute dog. You need to see a boxer puppy some day, though. You'll melt like the wicked witch. A neighbor has a farm dog that does the most unbelievable "I'll kill you, sucka" face but then you realize the tail is wagging. It's trying to smile at you, but it just doesn't work. Very unnerving. I'll have to see if I can get a pic for this new dog blogging phenomenon.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Elzbth said...

She looks adorable. I like her smile. But, unlike Sinbad, I can't join the dog blogging fun. I could cat blog, but I suspect people would throw things at me.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Michael said...

I don't believe for a minute that you accidentally forgot to include a link to a seriously cute dog like, for example, my dog Casey.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Peel said...

Oops, sorry Michael.

Several of y'all's so-called cute dogs were photographed on sofas. In my opinion, that immediately disqualifies them, as dogs should not be allowed on furniture, ever.

'Course, my dog weighs 50 pounds and exudes a gross oil (we have to use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the parts of the wall she likes to lie up against), so that may influence my opinion.

By the way, I heartily recommend Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for getting spots off walls. Be careful, though, 'cause it will take off paint.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous kevlarchick said...

If I ever go to Texas, I will smack Dave for insulting your darling Pepper. Look at her sweet face.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the ugliest friggin dog I have ever seen.

d in t

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home